Friday, July 29, 2011

What's Up With Whatzit?

I promise I will get back to regular posting soon. Summer has been hectic, and I just don't have the energy to do it right now. I have pictures and stories all the way back to Mother's Day that I need to post, but for now it will have to wait.

I went to the OB/GYN today for a regular appointment. My blood pressure was great, and I'm measuring perfectly, so things seem right on track. At this point, I'm 24 weeks pregnant. I have gained a whopping 5 pounds which seems amazing since I'm bigger than the broad side of a barn.I am having some slight RA pain in my right hip which makes life a bit interesting. The pain is also in the left hip, but I feel it more acutely in the right side. Dr. Simmons says that I can do some physical therapy if the pain increases, so we will just have to wait and see.

Kenly went with me to the appointment today, and she loved hearing the baby's heart beat. We are still opting to remain clueless about the baby's gender. We have a fourth ultrasound on August 25th to make sure the placenta previa is under control. The PP is marginal, so Dr. Simmons is 99.9% sure it will shift and I can proceed with a normal delivery. The pelvic rest has been lifted and I have no restrictions as of this point. I will also have my glucose tolerance test at that appointment...joy of all joys.

God is good. I'm tired and slow, but this pregnancy is going well.

In other news, Kenly will be 3 on August 9th. I can hardly believe how fast the time is flying. Here's one more picture to prove she is alive and well. I discovered this scene after one of those moments when I realized, a little too late, that she had been quiet for far too long.She colored her entire face with a blue magic marker. It looked like she was trying to apply makeup--eyeshadow, lipstick, blush...the works. Thank heavens the marker was washable. All I could do was laugh and take some pictures. She did the same thing a few days later even after the stern talking to she received when I finally finished laughing. Now markers are off limits unless she is under strict supervision. Up until this point, she could get them out when she please. No more. I think disciplining a three year old just might do me in.

No comments: