Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Farmers Market in the Fall

I love the Farmers Market in the Fall.  I love the Farmers Market any time of year, but I really love looking at all the wonderful produce in the fall.  Before Kenly was born, we put together a fall display at the end of the driveway.  I loved it.  October through November I was greeted by a hay bale and a splash of fall color every time I pulled in the driveway.  So, I decided that we were going to do it again.

Asheville is blessed with one of the biggest and baddest Farmers Markets.  In the fall the place to shop is in the sheds.  Pumpkins and gourds as far as the eye can see.  Kenly wanted to grab the first pumpkin she saw and head for home.  We convinced her to window shop a bit.
Aren't these fun?  If I had all the money in the world, I'd have one of every kind of gourd/pumpkin sold for my display.  Alas I do not.  So, I set a budget. 
Kenly charmed one of the vendors and was able to pick out a pie pumpkin to take home.  There is a roving fall display inside too.  Three stuffed pumpkins and  two pie pumpkins make appearances in just about every room of the house.

I love the girl's shirt--Daddy's under my Spell.  Indeed he is.
I broke down and bought one of these bad boys for $3.00.  I don't know what to do with it other than to decorate, but I loved its funky shape and coloration.
Adam and Kenly found some Halloween decorations.  They are hugging Frankenstein's foot in this picture.
Kenly is loving on a ghost in this one.
Here is our humble display.  Kenly loved setting everything up.  We later added a scarecrow from the Dollar Tree and a foam glitter banner that said Happy Halloween.  I'll be taking the banner down in a few days.  The rest can stay until Thanksgiving.
The big pumpkins are no longer a part of the display.  We carved them on Halloween weekend.
These are just a few shots from our yard in the fall.
Can't see my toes unless I'm sitting down these days.
I love this girl.  She's looking too grow up these days.  Not to mention completely stunning.



No comments: