Tuesday, October 25, 2011

37 Weeks/21 Days

Not that I'm counting.  I had a doctor's appointment today.  I've gained one pound.  My blood pressure was 110/77.  I'm measuring well, and the baby's heartbeat is as strong as ever.  Kenly was able to find the heartbeat today all by herself.  She asked Dr. Simmons if she could do the "stomach part" instead of just holding the speaker.  My strep B came back negative, so I won't have to take any antibiotics.  Yeah!  So, since only four days had passed since my last appointment, not much had changed.  I'm 1.5 cm dilated and 60% effaced.  The baby is at a -2 station which means he/she is still safely tucked inside.  I won't go back to the doctor until next Friday, November 4th, so maybe something will have changed by then.  I'm 37 weeks today which means we have 21 short days until the November 15th due date.  I'm not having any regular contractions, so I think we are good for another week or two. 

In other news, Kenly is starting to freak out when she goes to the doctor with me.  She doesn't want them to weigh me or take my blood pressure.  She's insanely protective of me.  The only person she lets touch me without a fuss is Dr. Simmons.  I'm even having to take her to the bathroom with me to catch a urine sample.  Fun times.  So hopefully she can stay with a friend next Friday when I go.  She is excited to be a big sister.  Every morning she rips off another link on the paper chain that is counting down to the due date.  She's having violent mood swings, and I don't know if that is nervousness or her new three year old temperament.   She cracks me up talking about the babies in her belly.  Today she had a total of five babies in her belly.  While we were driving to the doctor, I noticed that she was holding Benny Bunny to her chest.  When I asked what she was doing, she replied, "I'm feeding Benny Bunny from my boobies."  So....I guess the talk about breastfeeding is sinking in.  We got out some of the unisex clothing from when Kenly was born yesterday.  It got me excited.  Kenly got excited too but for a different reason.  She thinks all the cool clothes are for Camry, her Cabbage Patch doll.  Oh reality is going to hit her hard.

Today was interesting as well.  I was hurrying Kenly to the bathroom at the park when I tripped on fishing line that sent a fish hook jabbing into my ankle.  The OB/GYN nurse thought everything should be fine.  I'm looking into when my last tetanus shot was.  If it was in the past 10 years, I'm golden.  Waiting on Dr. D's office to call me back with that information.  I think it got updated back in January when I  had a DTap.  Who knows?  Then when we got home, I found out that one of the support wires and springs that supports the garage door snapped while we were gone.  Thank you Jesus!  I'm so happy that is didn't happen while Kenly was "feeling the outside air."  She always stands right under the door to feel the temperature before we get into the car.  So, now all that jazz has to be taken care of soon.  I'm hoping that is won't be a huge issue to replace it all.  The opener itself has been on the fritz for about 7 years, so now we have to tackle it all.   ASAP! 

So, that is where we are right now.  In a holding pattern with a list of things to accomplish that is about 2 miles long.  Good thing we have family that is willing to help with any task, no matter how big or small.  We are truly blessed.

1 comment:

Elle Belles Bows said...

I am happy that I got to see your update!

K is going to be an amazing big sister!! Thrilled that all is going well with your pregnancy, but will pray that all is well with your tetanus situation! So sorry that happened!

Take care,