Wednesday, October 26, 2011

No Worries

I called a few doctors and found out that I received the updated DTaP vaccine back in January 2011 when we were trying to get pregnant.  Dr. D wanted me to have it as a precaution against whooping cough, so I'm good for 10 years.  The fish  hook will cause me no harm.

Today I'm feeling very pregnant.  Swollen feet, moody, tired,  achy back, and crampy (probably mild Braxton Hicks contractions).   I've been a whiny mess to those who can tolerate such behavior.  But, I'm counting my blessings.  I  have two friends struggling with infertility and another who should be delivering right along side of me, but she won't because she miscarried.  So, I'm blessed to be retaining water and feeling the growing pains that come with being 9 months pregnant.  I'm hoping I can remember that on a daily basis for the next 20 days or so.

I'm also praying that I can be patient with my beautiful 3 year old.  She needs so much from me and right now I don't have much to give.  Lord, give me the strength to mother well in the next few months.  Help me to understand there is forgiveness and grace when I fail.  Help me to remember the words in 1 John 3:19-20.

"This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence whenever our hearts condemn us.  For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything." (NIV)

"My dear children, let's not just talk about love; let's practice real love. This is the only way we'll know we're living truly, living in God's reality. It's also the way to shut down debilitating self-criticism, even when there is something to it. For God is greater than our worried hearts and knows more about us than we do ourselves." (The Message)

What a blessing to know that the guilt and condemnation I carry around most of the time comes from my own heart.  Thank goodness that he is greater than my heart and that He loves and accepts me even though he knows everything about me.  I needed that reminder this week.  Funny how God provides even in the small moments.  Moments like this week where I feel weak and emotionally unstable.

No comments: