Friday, October 21, 2011

Counting Down

I went to the doctor today.  I've made it to the once a week appointments and all the fun they entail.  So, today I found out that my blood pressure was 110/70.  I'm measuring perfectly.  My weight is holding steady.  I had the Step B culture done today, and I will find out the results soon.  If I hear nothing, I'm in the clear.  If I get a call, I'll be on a round of antibiotics to make sure everything is good by D-day.

During my first vaginal exam, I found out that I'm 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  I'm trying to not get excited.  I know these numbers can hold steady for weeks, but I'm ready to meet Whatzit.  I think I was 1 cm dilated when I arrived at the hospital with Kenly.  So, I'm hoping for progression, but we also have a lot do.  I need to wash and store baby clothes.  The closet in the nursery has to be gutted and readied.  And lets face it....I haven't bought any of the essentials yet.  There are only a few newborn diapers left over from Kenly's early days.  So, we have to stock up the the coming attraction.

No comments: