Tuesday, September 6, 2011

July 2011--Part Three (Babymoon)

After our 4th of July adventure, Adam and I left Kenly with Nana and Papa for a few nights so we could have a weekend away. We headed to Tybee Island and Savannah, GA to remember "us." What a glorious getaway. I love lighthouses, so Adam made sure to get me to the Tybee Lighthouse.
The view from the top.
I climbed all 100+ stairs because I can't miss that kind of lighthouse experience.
I love this shot that Adam took.

Can you see the beach reflected in the lens?

What's bigger--my belly or the lighthouse?
After exploring Tybee for a bit, we headed into Savannah to experience River Street.
We mainly ate our way through our babymoon, but that's what good Brands do. We decided to appetizer hop since there were too many good options. We started at Dockside.
We split a pound of steamed shrimp, some corn, and some coleslaw.
We walked around and relished uninterrupted conversation. We also enjoyed not worrying about keeping our princess on her schedule.

We checked out echo circle. It's crazy. When you talk while standing in the center of the circle, you can hear your voice echo all around you.
We headed into Wet Willies to get Adam a drink. I'm frowning because I can't have one with him. It's a small sacrifice.
Adam was told to order a Call-A-Cab. So, he's pretending to need a cab.
I think he enjoyed the Call-A-Cab.
We had two appetizer samplers at Tubby's. The first one was so good that we had to order another. Did I mention that we ate a lot?
The view from our hotel room.

We walked out on the pier and watched people fish.
We walked hand-in-hand along the beach.

Our hotel...
On day two we ate breakfast, explored the beach, and then started our restaurant crawl again. We had more steamed shrimp at AJ's Dockside Restaurant.
A bit later we headed to The Crab Shack for a bit more grub. I think we ate so much that I doubled my pregnancy weight gain.
At The Crab Shack, we had oysters and snow crab legs. Yum! This picture makes me salivate.
I wrestled a gator or two.

Adam took on a giant crab...
...and lost.
After eating our way through our day, we headed back to River Street.
We caught a ghost tour, and it was campy but fun.
The next morning Adam took me to eat breakfast by the lighthouse. We actually swam in the ocean for about 15 minutes.

After we checked out of the hotel, we headed back to River Street for a river cruise. It was cool to hear some information about Savannah's history and port activity.

Then we ended our babymoon by eating at a rooftop restaurant.

Then we hurried back to Augusta to love on our little girl. We love time alone, but everything reminded us of our little girl. We know how important it is to nourish "us," and we plan on doing it as often as we can.

1 comment:

Elle Belles Bows said...

I am trying to get caught up on blogging and will definitely keep going, but I had to tell you that this post really brought a smile to my face.

YEAH for you guys that you took time for your relationship before your new addition!!!

I loved all the pics. Joe and I used to live there and that is where we fell in love.

PS- You look great in all the pics! Happy to see your glucose test went well.

Take care,