Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Power of Prayer

The other day Kenly was playing with a set of Melissa and Doug horses that Pops got her for Christmas. She named one of the horses Molly. She was playing in bed while I was sitting in the recliner. This is how the scene unfolds.

K: Mommy, Molly's foot is hurting. That's why she is holding it up.
Me: I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope Molly's foot feels better.
K: I think I should pray for her foot.
Me: I think that would be a really good idea.
K: (Kenly closes her eyes, folds her hands and begins to mumble under her breath.) Dear God, Please help Molly's foot to feel better. Amen.
Me: Kenly, that was really sweet of you to pray for Molly. God likes to hear our prayers.
K: (filled with great enthusiasm) Mommy, Molly's foot feels so much better.
Me: That is great. Prayer really does work.
K: (raising one hand toward heaven) PRAISE THE LORD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rhonda this story is too cute!--Jaci