Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

My friend Matthew from ASU/BSU posted this on his blog this morning. Memorial Day has come to mean a lot more to me here recently. Papa, my daddy, has been delving into some of his experiences in Vietnam. Growing up, Daddy didn't talk much about it, but he's reconnected with most of his bothers from Vietnam and now I'm hearing out the trial he faced. Hearing the stories and seeing pictures have made his experience more real to me. To this day I know he carries the burden of his time in Vietnam. He was and is deeply affected. He lost dear friends who paid the ultimate cost for my freedom. Thank you. Thank you Daddy! Thank you to the veterans of every war. And thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to those who gave your life so that I can live in an amazing country with freedoms at every turn. I appreciate you.

This is what my veteran looks like.

He looks like a Daddy and a loving Papa to my little girl.

No comments: