Wednesday, December 2, 2009

1-2-3

Today I was on the toilet when Kenly decided to pay me a quick visit. She opened a bathroom drawer, which are off limits, and scooped out a bottle of eye drops. Since I was indisposed, I asked Kenly to return the eye drops immediately. Here's how the whole thing played out....

Mama: Kenly, put those eye drops back. They are not for you.

Kenly: (Giggling) Runs from the bathroom with the eye drops. Stands and looks at me from the full length hall mirror.

Mama: Kenly, you need to put on your listening ears and put the eye drops in the drawer and then shut the draw.

Kenly: (Giggling) Shaking her head no.

Mama: Don't make me come over there (said from the toilet). I will take them away. I'm going to count to three. One.

Kenly: (Smiling) Two

Mama & Kenly: Three

Mama: Hauls her lily-white behind off the toilet to get the eye drops all the while trying to keep a straight face instead of falling to the floor in peals of laughter.

...and she's not even 16 months old. Boy do I have my work cut out for me.

No comments: