Friday, October 9, 2009

Heart Attack

This morning I was snoozing while listening to Kenly make sleepy noises and soft moans. She's a noisy sleeper when she's sick. All of a sudden, I heard a loud squeal and a horrible crash. I was on my feet in less than a second and across the house in under three. I've been having these horrible dreams about Kenly climbing out of her crib and hitting the floor. I was sure I was going to find Kenly screaming on the carpet beneath her crib. I ran into her room calling her name. I flipped on the light, looked on the floor, and got really confused. My eyes went from the floor to the crib, and what did I see? My darling daughter smiling brightly with a look that said, I thought you'd never get here.

My next thought was that someone was trying to get in the house. I grabbed Kenly and made Chance follow me. We looked at all the doors and windows. Everything was shut tight...no sign of forced intrusion.

At this point I was sure I'd gone crazy. I started an investigation, and what cause the terror I still haven't wholly recovered from?

My husband's razor. Oh, and a well timed squeal from Kenly. Yep, you read that right. A razor and a squeal. His razor started my day off with a jolt of adrenaline when it fell from its perch in the shower.

No comments: