Monday, September 28, 2009

Not Me Monday--You've Got Mail

Do you hide in the kitchen and eat your child's goldfish on a daily basis? Have you bathed your child in a tub that's way past clean? Have you momentarily lost your child only to find her trying to play in the toilet bowl? No. Me either. To find out what everyone else has not been doing, head over to MckMama's.

I am not envious of my child's beautiful curls. I do not drive her crazy on a daily basis twirling her curls.
I have not given my child my obsession with the mail. She does not run to the door and squeal with glee if I simply say, "Do you want to get the mail?" A day without mail does not depress us both. That would be silly.
I do not force my child to carry the mail back up the driveway. That would break some sort of child labor law. Right?

I do not take Kenly's beloved mail away just so I can get her to look at me for a photo. That would be cruel.

I also did not watch as Kenly offered Chance, our dog, her snack. He did not take a lick and then she did not proceed to eat the dog slobbered goldfish. That would be gross.
I did not have to fish several stale Cheerios out of Kenly's mouth this week. She did not find the Cheerios on the kitchen floor that I've neglected for weeks.
Nope. Not me.



1 comment:

Jean Stockdale said...

Some seriously CUTE going on here.

Sweet MOM I would like to invite you to join us for an online Bible study for MOMMAS on the book of Ephesians. We are using my Bible study workbook called “High Stepping in Heavenly Places.” The 10-week study began Sept.24. so it’s not too late to join in. A workbook is available (but not required) with homework. You will also be able to watch a 45-minute weekly video or download a podcast of the message (at no charge), and then share in an online discussion with other moms. Interested. My studies are non-denominational and perfect for all MOMS with toddlers, tweens, teens, or turning 'em loose. I hope you will consider joining in. I would count it a privilege to encourage and inspire you with the Word of God in the fine art of Christian mothering. Check it out at http://highsteppinginheavenlyplaces.wordpress.com. Blessings. jean