Monday, January 5, 2009

Opening my Arms to 2009

Kenly woke up at 11:57 on New Year's Eve and wanted to help us bring in the New Year. She didn't know what all the fuss was about, and three yawns later had decided that she's see more of 2009 in the morning.

What can I say? I'm happy that 2009 is here. The year 2008 was so bitter sweet, mixed with so many rich blessings and turbulent trials. I'm expecting great things out of 2009. I've made a few resolutions that I'd like to share. I have not made resolutions for the past three years, but I decided that this year, I needed something to strive for, so I sat down and made a list after a long walk on the beach with just my husband.

Goals for 2009:

1. Write a children's book
2. Blog/journal at least once a week. (I almost expect this one to crash and burn.)
3. Exercise twice a week for at least 30 minutes.
4. Look into/join Stroller Club, Baby-Mommy Yoga, or MOPS.
5. Read a book a month.
6. Cook more fresh/local/organic food--I'm reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle (Barbra Kingsolver) right now, and it's enough to make you want to live as a hunter-gatherer for the rest of your life.
7. Teach Kenly at least 5 signs. I feel a little silly signing to her right now and making her make the signs, but hopefully it will pay off in the end.


There are others, but those are the ones I feel like sharing publicly. I want to reach my goals and more. Who knows...maybe those things will become so second nature that I can add other things as 2009 progesses.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hendersonville Branch!
I finally had time this morning to sit down and do more on the computer than catch up email and delete junk.
I loved the Christmas and beach pix. Seems like there were even more smiles than usual. Do you think it has anything to do with the little girl whose smile breaks like the dawn ove her face? Sure seemed like there were a lot of people who were intent on being gifted with it.
It's a joy and source of constant amazement to me to see how all of you are growing and changing together. You and Adam are great parents and partners even when the going is rough and you're trying to find your ways through it. I'm proud of all of you and love you bunches.
MOPS