Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Ladybug Memory


Adam and I had tried to get pregnant for 7 months, and we had not had any success. We decided to go fishing at Mr. Brand's Green River property. As we drove in, the tall grass slapped the sides of the car. We let the dog out to roam and had a good time fishing and playing at the property. When we went to leave, the car was covered in hundreds of ladybugs. They covered every surface inside and outside of the car. I've always loved ladybugs. Mama and I feel they are lucky...that you're being blessed when one lands on you. So, I called Mama to share, and she said, "This is going to be your lucky month. You and Adam are sure to get pregnant now." Turns out that she was right. You gotta love ladybugs.

2 comments:

Tiff said...

That's a great story!
They swarm our house every winter... I, too, consider them lucky, and I feel lucky in life :)

Shannon a.k.a. that thing you see moving under the laundry said...

what a sweet memory :)