Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Walk in the Woods

Today Adam, Chance, and I took Kenly on her first hike in the woods. I would share pictures of the many memorable events, but sadly we forgot to take a camera (Bad new parents). We did a portion of the reservoir hike on the Mills River. I packed a picnic lunch and we were on our way. Kenly rode in a Baby Bjorn that I carried, and Adam carried the packed diaper bag. We found a spot near the river and ate lunch and then the fun began. Kenly had her feet dunked in the river twice by her Daddy. I don't think she liked it too much based on her ear piercing wails, but she better get used to it as much time as we spend on the rivers around here. I nursed for the first time in the wild, and Kenly had two diaper changes and a wardrobe change because one of her diapers blew up her back. In the end, we had a great time, but I think I'm going to be sore all over tomorrow. Hills have never been my friend, but four weeks after giving birth they are definite enemies. The next time we adventure in the woods, we'll bring a camera and take pictures of all the fun. Tomorrow we are going to Daddy's first soccer game of the season, and we are going to cheer our hearts out for the man we love.

No comments: