Thursday, April 25, 2013

Rest Time

Kenly decided that naps are not cool. I keep telling her that one day she will long for naps, but she doesn't believe me. In fact, she's started telling me that I'm not smart. I'm secretly hoping that we are getting all of our battles out of the way before she turns 13, but I'm not holding my breath on that one either.

In order to maintain my sanity, I've started implementing rest time for Kenly.  She doesn't have to nap, but she does have to play quietly in her room.  We tried letting her close her door for rest time, but the "interesting" experiments she conducted behind a closed door lead to our new open door policy.  One day she decided to bathe all of her Barbies in a Tupperware container.  This lead to soggy carpet, wet furniture, and dripping dolls.

Rest time leads to wonderful discoveries most days.  I love when Kenly throws a tea party for her critters.  I love when I get invited once her alarm clock releases her from rest time.
Yes, that is a window cling on her head.  It makes a fantastic headpiece.  Don't you agree?

I love the elaborate set up.  She did this all on her own.  


Can you find Kenly here?
Every critter has his/her own seat.  It's marvelous. 
The hostess is beautiful and gracious as well.

She dances for her party guests.






Oh, rest time.  You're a mother's best friend.

Side note--Kenly was addicted to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on CD about a month ago.  She would listen to it while playing in her room.  This lead to her speaking in a forced British accent for quite awhile.  It was highly amusing, except when it wasn't. 

No comments: