Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hooker Falls

Early in January we decided to go to Dupont State Forest to hike. Adam and Kenly recently hiked to Triple Falls, so we decided to do the short hike to Hooker Falls. Kenly is getting really good at hiking for short/moderate distances, so we are transitioning Corah into the pack. She is not a huge fan of riding until she settles in and starts noticing the beauty around her.  We made it to the falls rather quickly, so we spent some time exploring the rocks and admiring the falls.  Adam and I were amazed at the amount of water coming over the falls.  We have been to this falls many times, and we can't remember a time with more water.   
I love my little brown-eyed beauty.  I love that cold pink nose too.
When I asked her what she thought of the falls, we gave it two thumbs up. 
While hiking down a fishing trail, she found several pine boughs.  She carried them to the car like they were made of precious gold.  She loved taking deep breaths of the piney goodness.  I was most impressed when she stopped in the middle of the trail and found Corah a pine treasure.  Corah was thrilled. 
The first glimpse of the falls.
Pay no attention to her outfit.  She really does match under all that winter gear.  I'm aware that she looks like she's dressed for Tacky Day in this picture.  But, she is warm and that is what matters.

Corah loved exploring the pine needles that her DiDee gave her. 
Kenly loves climbing on rocks.  She gives me the sign for victory every time she becomes "queen of the hill."

We had a lovely time hiking in the woods.  It was nice to get out of the house and breathe some fresh air.  I think when spring comes we will be exploring more often.

No comments: