Monday, August 30, 2010

Birthday Fun Continues

I thought for sure that Kenly's new birthday loot would lose its appeal after about a week, but we are about a week shy of the month anniversary of the arrival of all her toys.

Almost every morning she wakes up and asks to play with "Hummus." We finish breakfast and she'll say, "Can we play with Hummus please?" She's not asking to play with a concoction of chick peas and garlic, but her Thomas the Train set. She loves "Hummus."

I know that this photo is blurry, but I love that it catches the action of train.
Kenly cooks up a storm every day as well. She really like to make macaroni and cheese, meatballs and noodles, and scrambled eggs. She's really good a steeping hot tea and making coffee as well. She even made Pops some scrambled eggs and bacon this past weekend.
I repurposed a three drawer container from my teaching days to hold some of her plates and kitchen goodies. She like to take the drawers out and use the frame as a table.
She's offering me some cheese and some salad in this picture. Yummy!
I was leaving a few weeks ago to attend a clothing swap at the church. Just before I left, I caught Adam and Kenly having a tea party with some of her stuffed critters.
A daddy, a daughter, a tea party, and pajamas--what a perfect Saturday morning. Looking at this picture melts my heart.

1 comment:

Brittany Nicole said...

This is so darn cute! Best picture ever and both look like they're loving it! What a great memory they will have!