Monday, April 26, 2010

Not Me Monday


I did not go to Dolly's Ice Cream last night and help myself to not one, but two scoops of ice cream in a waffle cone. Nope. I'm not one to give in to gluttony only to feel the sting of regret hours later as I feel the fat stick to my waist and hips. Not me. I treat my body far batter and I have way too much self-control.

I did not let Kenly have as many licks off my ice cream cone to try and give myself an excuse for getting two scoops. I never use my child as an excuse for my own bad behavior.

I am not praying that Kenly's new found love for sleeping through the night is here to stay.

I do not find myself wondering if I can handle more than one child. Kenly does not stretch me father than a class of 29 ninth graders ever did.

I do not find myself saying things like "The dog is not a horse. You can't ride him." or "We do not play with our poop. It is not play doh."

I did not let my daughter play in the river wearing her Easter dress. Nope. I'm a woman who knows where play clothes are required.

I am not completely in love with my new washer and dryer. I do not sing praise every time I finish drying a load of clothes without hearing a single squeak. My love in not an obsession. I would never find laundry to do just because.


What have you not been up to?

1 comment:

Shannon a.k.a. that thing you see moving under the laundry said...

Roo, you are looking great in those pictures! Love you girl! And guess what, I get two scoops AND let Jordan get her own ice cream. How is that for glutony? And to answer your lingering question, nope, you cannot handle another kid. But if I can do it, so can you. And don't wonder too hard...God may make you handle 3 haha!