Friday, October 16, 2009

Laugh of the Day

So this morning I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but not without provocation. Kenly had a rough night. I held her from 11:00-12:40, and she was really pitiful. It broke my heart. She'd get to sleep and then wake up crying or whimpering. When she wanted to get in her bed, I put her down. I collapsed into bed around 1:00 and then heard her crying again at 4:30. I gave her a second bottle and some Tylenol and then went back to bed at about 5:30. She was a noisy sleeper until 6:30 when she woke up screaming due to a horribly large gas bubble that she burped in my face as soon as I picked her up. You gotta love gas.

I say all of this to let you know I was in a mood. I looked rather zombie-like, and I was speaking in monosyllables.

Kenly was going 90 to nothing around my feet playing a purple keyboard that Nana and Papa gave her. She was creating a rather dissonant, deep, Halloweeny sounding song. Adam looked at her and said, "That's a beautiful song you're playing. What's it called? "

He paused for a moment and said, "On Mommy's Last Nerve."

I died laughing. You know my husband is good if he can make me laugh before 7:00AM and after the night we had.

No comments: