Monday, May 11, 2009

Yep, I'm a mom!

Mother's Day--I always thought it was fun to honor my mama on Mother's Day. I liked picking out the card, finding a few "weeds" from the yard, lavishing her with kisses, and trying to give her one day off. I didn't get Mother's Day until this year. Last year I was carrying Kenly, feeling her kick inside. Being a mother wasn't real yet. Every day I love being a mother more. I loved breast feeding, and now I love the closeness I feel when I feed Kenly a bottle. I love the way her dark eyes look deep into mine. I love that she trusts me so completely,and my heart aches knowing I might one day let her down. I love that she looks to me for comfort. I love the way she fits into the crook of my arm when we read books. I love to hear her laugh and I love to watch her discover something new every day. I love her smell. I love being her mama. It's the best job I've every had.

On Sunday Adam took me for a BBQ picnic. We pulled off at a roadside picnic area and had some fun. Kenly loved exploring all the rocks, stick, and grass in her reach. She literally dug in the dirt. She was as happy as a pig in slop. Here are a few pictures from my very first Mother's Day. I know what all the fuss is about now.





No comments: