Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Duck, Duck, Goose

Last Friday Kenly and I ventured out to Patton Park for a little sun, a little exercise, and a little entertainment. We also needed to rid the house of some moldy bread. On the way to the pond in the park, we stopped to help a mama bird feed some rather demanding chicks. Kenly thought the ducks/geese were too great for words. Her favorite part of the whole outing was when a little white, yippy dog chase the geese into the pond. She loved hearing their honks and watching them swim away frantically. She squealed with delight. Of course I couldn't really let Kenly feed the ducks because she'd shove the moldy bread in her mouth. So, the child in me had a blast throwing out food for the ducks/geese. The coolest part of the whole experience was watching the fish come snag a snack too. Who knew there were fish in a pond so small?

While we were there, Kenly discovered a new addition to Patton Park--a skate park complete with a bowl. Kenly loved watching the skaters jump ramps. She really enjoyed watching two little boys on roller blades. I have a funny feeling that I'll be holding my breath while watching her dare-devil stunts at that very park in about 3-4 years.

On Saturday we took Adam back to the park to feed the ducks. It started to sprinkle on the way to the pond, but we blew off the warning. As we were throwing out the last piece of bread, the heavens opened and the biggest raindrops I've ever seen started falling. We took off running to the car, but by the time we got Kenly in the car seat and the stroller put away, we were all three soaked to the bone. No good since Kenly's cold turned into an ear infection and she's now downing an antibiotic twice a day. Luckily I travel with a change of clothes for Kenly. Kenly thought the whole experience was great. Adam and I then went to Bay Breeze looking like drowned rats because we knew we'd never come back out if we went home to change and we'd rather eat in a restaurant soaking wet than go home and cook
I'd love to be able to scratch my back like this. Okay, maybe that would be a little weird.
I do ocassionally wipe her face...the milk mouth is just cute at times.

No comments: