Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I Believe

Yesterday Kenly and I were listening to Veggie Tale's Sunday Morning Songs. One of the songs really hit home. Sometimes simplicity speaks to my soul. The song is called "I Believe God Can." The song goes through the parting of the Red Sea to the healing of the blind man. The refrain is simple....I believe God can. It made me think. Do I believe God can? I do...I know he can. I've seen it in my life. He can heal relationships. He can provide friends. He can make a leg full of warts disappear (don't ask). So, why is it so hard to believe he can take care of the mess in my life right now? Maybe it boils down to not feeling worthy of him. I mean, who am I to deserve such grace? Who am I in the grand scheme of things? And then a small voice reminds me that "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.(Zephaniah 3:17)" Who wants to argue with that type of blessing? So, I'll believe. It might be faith of a mustard seed, but I'll believe that he knows what he's doing. He loves me, despite my imperfection.

No comments: