Monday, January 5, 2009

Kenly Milestones


Kenly will be five months old on Friday, and I thought I should record what she can do now. She's picking up new skills every day.


*She can and will chew and drool on anything that comes near her mouth.


*She can move an object from one hand to the other.


*She can coo, squeal, and make noises. My favorite is Mama. She doesn't know what it means yet, but it still melts my heart.


*She can track an object or person as they move around the room.


*When she drops an object, it is no longer missing forever. She looks for it.


*She rubs my face and plays with my hair when she's being rocked.


*She scratches everything--She sounds like something out of a Poe short story. Sometimes when she's scratching her crib sheets, it sounds like an armada of fiddle crabs is attacking the house. I hope this is normal.


*She will grab your nose and dig in your mouth if you'll let her.


*She rolls over and scoots around on her back. It's amazing how far she can get without crawling.


*She will pull herself into a sitting position when she's been reclining on my lap.


*She will try and jump from my arms--I have a thrill seeker on my hands.


*She sleeps with a lovey we call Benny the Bunny. She actually hugs him. She also can put her binky in her own mouth.


*She is the smartest baby in the whole wide world...not that I'm partial.

No comments: