So, I was playing on Facebook, and some old students were listing 16 random facts, goals, shortcoming, or interesting trivia about themselves. It made me start thinking. I do some really crazy things. So, in honor of what I read...
1. If there is less than 64 ounces of Heinz Ketchup in the house, I start to get nervous. I secretly keep a Sam's membership for this reason...it's not really for diapers.
2. Even numbers give me satisfaction and odd numbers make me nervous. So, I CAN'T just eat one cookie. If I eat three, then I must eat four. You can see why diets become an issue.
3. I have a pen fetish. Even though we probably have 15o ink pens in various colors around the house, I always feel like I need more. I'm a border line pen thief. I always take the pens from hotels home. I'm so obsessed with pens that I can't go anywhere near an Office Depot or the office supply aisle at Walmart for fear that I will break down and buy another pen.
4. I have at least $200 worth of scrapbooking supplies in a closet, and I haven't created a single page of a scrapbook since 2004; I still want to buy more stuff.
5. I tend to binge and purge, but not with food. I'll save stuff for months or years, making neat little organized piles. Then, one day I'll wake up and have to throw most of it away because I can't look at it any more. I've been like this since childhood.
6. When someone I love leaves for a trip, I have to leave everything just the way he/she left it until he/she returns.
7. I am obsessive about an alarm clock. I have to check it multiple times just to make sure. Adam has lots of fun with this one.
8. I love greeting cards with a passion. Some times I buy an amazing card and then refuse to send it because it's just too good to give away.
9. Ninety-five percent of the time, if I start a book, I am compelled to finish it even if I find it boring or offensive.
10. If I nap, it needs to be for at least 2 hours or it's pointless. Forget a power nap...I'll be a grump for the rest of the day. You can imagine where this is a problem as a mom.
11. I cover any flat surface with piles...clothes, papers, pictures, books. I haven't seen the top of my dresser in 6 months.
12. I can't throw away or recycle a magazine. I hold on to them secretly hoping that I can find someone who will want them.
13. I secretly fear that Stacy and Clinton from TLC's What Not to Wear are going to jump out an attack me at Walmart as I shop in my Mickey Mouse pajama bottoms.
14. I can't put an outfit together to save my life because I have no fashion sense. So, I buy things that hang together at the store. If I every get brave and buy a single "piece" that is more than a basic black, it hangs in my closet feeling rejected with the original tags still attached.
15. I still color on bad days. The smell of crayons is as good as a muscle relaxant.
16. I still sleep with a blanket as a 32 year-old, married woman.
The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I'm just a little odd, but I guess that is what makes me human and interesting. Maybe one day Kenly will read this and understand why she's a little off...after all, she's half me.