Sunday, October 19, 2008

Not for the faint of heart...

I should warn you right off that I'm about to post pictures of Adam's knee after surgery. If that kind of stuff makes you feel faint, you should stop reading now. Adam had the surgery on Friday morning. We got home about 3:00 that day, and I am happy to report that he is doing well. He is not feeling much pain right now which shocks me after talking to the doctor and looking a pictures of what they did inside his knee. Be glad I don't have a scanner or I'd be showing those too. I'm amazed at medical science...he had so much done to his knee, and I only count four stitches. Adam has to spend 6-8 hours a day in a machine called a CPM which makes him look like he's part Transformer. His knee brace is massive as well. The doc thinks he should wear it for 5-6 weeks. We do to PT tomorrow, so we'll know more after they work with him. As it stands right now, he's set to go back to work on Wednesday. I'm just happy the surgery is done. It was like a big elephant in the room, and now it is behind us. My parents are coming into town on Tuesday to help out for a few days. Kenly gets her first round of immunizations then, and if she's fussy and sickly, I wanted back up. We're doing well, and I'm glad that Adam is feeling so well. He's getting bored, but at least he had NFL football to entertain him today.

Here's the pictures...
We finally got to unwrap his leg to survey the damage.
Two tiny incisions.

The CPM machine...

Kenly taking care of her Daddy....

No comments: