Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fair Fun






Jason and Paula (Adam's brother and sister-in-law) are in town with us right now. It is nice to have some company again to fill long days. On Friday we all went to the NC Mountain State Fair and we had a ball. We stuffed ourselfs with greasy, yummy fair food (fried green tomatoes, ribbon fries, Italian sausage, ribs, deep fried candy bars, caramel apples, BBQ, greens, ice cream....we were poster children for Pepto) Kenly rode a horse on the carousel, and she racked up on cheap fair stuffed animals. I won her a teddy bear and Uncle Jason won her Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch). She was a perfect baby the whole time we were there, even if I dropped ribbon fry crumbs on her head. Screams and popping balloons didn't faze her. Today has been a little less fun for her because her mommy ate junk food at the fair. Gas has plagued her today, so I've promised to lay off the grease for awhile. Jason and Paula are being awesome by cooking and cleaning for us. I love having an "army" to fight the grime that builds so fast. Again, I'm thankful for the love and support of an amazing family. GOOD NEWS FLASH--Kenly is learning to take naps and she sleeps for 4-4.5 hours at night now, so we're down to two feedings in the middle of the night. Each day I like her more. I've always loved her, but the demands of a newborn can make you question how much you like the baby. I LOVE and LIKE her now. You should see her grin and play...you should see how her eyes light up when she sees me now. Every minute of work and stress is worth it.

1 comment:

Jennaug10 said...

I know how you feel when you don't like your baby girl, especially when dealing with Thrush (a yeast infection of the mouth) That first 6 weeks was not at all fun, but now, she is so much fun. Laughing and playing and rolling over and now sleeping through most of night, except for a night here and there. It really does get to be more fun, I promise! It is awesome when they recognize you and socially smile at you and other people!