Saturday, November 5, 2011

Waiting on Whatzit

Kenly and I ventured out to the OB/GYN again this morning.  Kenly kept her cool during this visit.  The promise of fruit snacks helped kept her from crying while they weighed me, checked my blood pressure, and while I captured urine for the 100th time.  Perhaps she's been a little too close to this whole experience.  She loves picking out the cup for my urine sample.  Oh well.  Perhaps she won't remember all of this trauma.  She helped Dr. Simmons find the baby's heartbeat again.  She's no longer content holding the speaker.  She wants to hold the "belly part."  Dr. Simmons is amazingly patient and allows Kenly to do just that.  She's pretty good at locating the critter too.  But, by this point Whatzit doesn't have too many places to hide.

I showed no progress today.  I'm still 1.5 cm dilated and 60% effaced.  The baby is still at -2 station.  I was hoping that Dr. Simmons was going to say, "Woman, don't you know you are in labor?  Get to the hospital."  A pregnant woman can dream, right?
We scheduled an induction for November 18th (3 days after my due date) just in case. Dr. Simmons will be on call that day, so I know I will be in good hands. She's also on call tomorrow, so if the baby decided to come a bit early, I won't complain.  It's hard not to think you're going early when so many people take one look at you and say, "There is no way you're going to your due date."  Oh...the pain of due date drama. 

This picture was taken on Tuesday at Adam's school.  His department threw us a "sprinkle" and we had a lovely time.  I was most taken by how they all catered to Kenly.  She didn't feel a bit left out even though the baby was getting presents.  I'm most nervous about how she will handle this transition.  She's already slipping into a bit of baby talk and some clingy behavior.  As our paper chain grows shorter, I can see visible signs of worry on her little face.  She knows things are about to change.

God is in control.  He know the best time for this baby's arrival.  He also holds Kenly closer than I every could.  I just have to trust and give up trying to control a situation that was never mine in the first place.

Whatzit, we are ready to meet you.  We really want to know if you are a Korah or an Isaac.  Will you come out and play? 

For now, we wait.

No comments: