Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What Previa?

God is good.  All the time.  I went to the doctor last Tuesday for yet another ultrasound to check my marginal placenta previa.  When I saw Dr. Simmons, she said, "You don't do anything half-way,do you?"  I needed the placenta to move about .5 cm in order to attempt a vaginal delivery.  Well, apparently Whatzit has been stretching my uterus with great gusto.  In four short weeks, the placenta moved almost a full 3 cms.  Yeah! 

Weight gain up to this point is 10 pounds, but I feel like I'm putting on a pound a day. 

When Dr. Simmons went to listen to the baby's heartbeat, Whatzit kicked the doppler.  Dr. Simmons said, "You were not kidding about this kid being a violent kicker and mover."  This baby moves so much that I sometimes fear my motion sickness is going to kick in.  I can watch my stomach "jump."  Kenly finally felt the baby move for the first time.  Most of the time she's too impatient to sit and wait for a good kick.  I know she felt it because her eyes got huge.  Whatzit regularly kicks Adam when gives me a hug when he arrives home for work.

I'm starting to really wonder about this kiddos gender.  I'm tired of using it or baby to describe the life within.  Only 7 short weeks until we find out.  Any guesses?  Want to make a wager? 

No comments: