Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bike Envy

Papa found this Huffy Sea Star bike at Goodwill yesterday. I've been saying that Kenly might be ready to start pedaling something. Leave it to Papa to get Kenly her very first set of wheels. When I told Kenly about the bike last night, she started asking to go to the beach. When I told her it wasn't time to go to the beach again this morning, our conversation went something like this....

Kenly: Go to beach today? Get bike and Papa?
Me: Not today.
Kenly: Tomorrow?
Me: No baby. Not tomorrow either.
Kenly: Day after tomorrow?
Me: No sweetie...we have to wait awhile to see Nana and Papa.

I had to get out the calendar to show her how many days she had to wait. I might even need to make a paper chain to help her grasp the concept.

When I showed her these pictures of Papa and her bike this morning, she nearly jumped out of my arms with excitement. She said, "Silly Papa."




We went to Fletcher Park today to meet Meghan and Ava for a bit of a romp outside. The whole time we were there, Kenly had a major case of bike envy. She kept saying, "He ride a bike." She even kept trying to ride other kids' bikes when I wasn't looking. I sure hope she can pedal the bike, and I really hope I can keep up with her.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That is such a cute bike! I saw it at Walmart the other day and almost bought it, but decided on a tricycle instead. I know she'll love it:)