Thursday, May 7, 2009

Colds Suck

Kenly came down with her first official cold on Monday. I took her to the doctor because her cough sounded really croupy. It turns out she just has your run-of-the-mill cold. A fever, cold symptoms, and cough syrup do not make a pretty combination in our 8-month-old. First off, 1/4 teaspoon of Robitussin (recommended by the doctor) made Kenly act like the Energizer Bunny from about 10:00-1:00 on Monday night. I don't think I've ever seen her move so fast. Her nose is pouring snot, and she fights me tooth and nail any time a tissue comes near her face. All in all, she doesn't understand why she feels so crappy. I can't explain that she won't feel this way forever. All I can do is hold her while she cries in the middle of the night. Last night I was up from 10:00-1:00 again, and to top it all off, I think I'm getting her cold.

Even with snot pouring down her face, she is still the cutest thing I've seen in my entire life.

Even though I'm amazingly sleep deprived, I can help but want to hold her and make her feel all better.

Adam is coming home early today. Have I mentioned that I married an amazing man? I started crying at about 4:00AM this morning after getting up with Kenly again. He just took it upon himself to take a half day and cancel and appointment that we had for this afternoon. I didn't even have to ask.

We're living in a house of contagion, but we're fighting through it together. How could I ask for more?

1 comment:

Shannon a.k.a. that thing you see moving under the laundry said...

oh gosh! Baby snot is the worst. Take that back...the baby stomach flu is the worst. Snot for days on end is a close second. I started using burp cloths instead of kleenex because I thought it was softer on her little nose.