Saturday, August 16, 2008

So Thankful

My Mama and Daddy have been right by our side since the birth of Kenly Shae. I called and said that my water broke, and they were on their way. They've done everything to make this transition into motherhood so much easier. I don't think I would have eaten for the past 7 days without Mama's cooking. She's also scrubbed my house from top to bottom. I don't think my bathroom and kitchen have ever looked so clean. Daddy has been fixing every broken thing in the house and making the place seem a lot easier to inhabit...broken towel rack--fixed. Broken florescent light--bright and shinning. (The list goes on...) In addition to all the help, they have poured out love on Adam and me and allowed me to rest and take a bath. I don't know if I could have done either without their support. I don't know how people manage without the support of their family. I also have a whole new appreciation and respect for the single mother. So, Mama and Daddy are staying through next Wednesday and then they are heading back to Augusta to allow the next wave of grandparents to roll in. Adam's parents will be staying with us for about a week as well. So, long story short...we're in good hands. We're being guided by the very people who raised us, and I think we both turned out pretty good. For all their love and kindness, I am eternally grateful.

1 comment:

Jennaug10 said...

Take all the help you can get! My Mom stayed for about a week. My husbands parents have not really been arounf too much! Kind of funny, they live about 15 minutes or so from us and my parents live an hour and a half away and my parents have seen Makayla more, his parents don't really make the effort.